· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Team SEWA :: View topic - Consitency, the key to success.
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Consitency, the key to success.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team SEWA Forum Index -> General Dart Talk
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Consitency, the key to success. Reply with quote

I've been thinking a lot about consistency and how it is probably the most important aspect to competitive darts (perhaps behind mental focus) and have concluded it really is the single most important thing to practice. For me at least.

Considering my practice scores of the past and more recently one thing comes to mind: consistently missing the easy targets results in lower scores and poorer performance in competition.

Sure I can hit 180's, 177's, 171's etc but more often than not I don't. Why not? My darts aren't grouping close enough together on a consistent basis. When I really work at accuracy I can hit what I'm trying to hit but not with all 3 darts at a level that is required (about 40-45%). Sure I can put a dart in the trips when scoring etc about 1/3rd of the time when I'm on my game but too often my other darts are no where near where they should be. This lead me to think that while accuracy drills are important, consistency drills (like 100@20's) might have more value in that the key is to keep the groups as small as possible at all times regardless of where you are throwing. After all, tight groups result in higher scores. Pure and simple.
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One practice I've recently returned to is my 'follow that dart' practice. In essence I just try to hit the 1st dart throw with the last two, regardless f where it landed in the first place. After all, the goal isn't to hit a specific target on the board per say, but rather the first dart thrown. This makes you stop trying to re-adjust a throw to move the dart into scoring but rather to keep the group tight.

Using CCU as a base, you throw your first dart at the T20 but let's say it hits a single 5 instead. No problem, now try to hit that dart. Once thrown, move to the 19. Don't bother counting a score for CCU as it isn't likely to be very high but rather just work around the board concentrating on hitting that dart.

At some point your groups should tighten up, then if you start hitting the right numbers with the first one, guess what? The next two will follow.

That's the idea anyway.
    CraigB
    Spam Killer and Admin
    Spam Killer and Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was one of the main things I stressed in my article about starting to play darts. Get the grouping to work first, then move it where you want it.

So, after all that... Guess what part of my game needs serious work?

Oh well! Rolling Eyes
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team SEWA Forum Index -> General Dart Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: