· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Team SEWA :: View topic - G3 Remote play
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

G3 Remote play

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team SEWA Forum Index -> General Dart Talk
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: G3 Remote play Reply with quote

So I've been using the G3 boards and playing remote as a form of practice. I do find it's good to compete with someone and while the pace is slow at times I think that is also good as it more represents the pace in a match vs just pounding away at a board alone.

One thing I find it that it emphasizes a point for me: Good games are great, good constancy is much much better Wink Last night I went out for some practice and opened with a very nice 5.75MPR game and thought "man, I can't miss".....and was gutted when I proceeded to hit just outside the wire over and over again for the next several games....I eventually got back to hitting 'ok' but never returned to that confident triple smashing level I started the night with.

Cricket / 200 5.75 -- opened with 7 20's then hit T19, T18, T17
    Cricket / 200 2.64
    Cricket / 200 2.64
    Cricket / 200 1.9 -- yes that's right
    Cricket / 200 2.82
    Cricket / 200 2.07
    Cricket / 200 2.8
    Cricket / 200 2.38
    Cricket / 200 2.61
    Cricket / 200 3.15 -- 3 6 marks
    Cricket / 200 3.09 -- only one 7 mark, no 5's etc so I was back hitting the pie

Since bullshooterlive.com tracks all results I can go back and look at each game to see what I did and I see that I went steadily downhill over the course of 7 games then picked it up slowly over the next 3 and called it a night after one game of 501 in which I averaged 27.83ppd (not great but ok)...my overall cricket average dropped from over 3mpr to 2.81mpr over the last two sessions which is frustrating because I could hit in the 4+ range just 6 months ago (average) and seeing my average on a soft tip board drop so much is certainly challenging my motivation!

Anyway, that's where I am at and I am hoping that I can recover from this slump but what's weird is that in league I picked it up shooting an average of 3.43mpr in my last match (despite one bad game).... next league match is Wednesday so we'll see if I can knock off the cobwebs between now and then

Erik
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started out pretty rough today and feeling like I just couldn't hit crap!

First 4 games looked like this:
    The next three started to come together:
    Then I just fell off!
    That 1.38 was infuriating as I was hitting the next segment over almost every throw. Normally at this point I've spent my $5 lunch allotment (self imposed) and I head back to work but today I was kinda pissed at myself and decided to shoot another 9 games, slotted in the $5 and proceeded to hit much better, here is the result:
    3.75 (this was against the guy I threw the 1.38 against -- I don't think he liked that! lol)
    5.12 (one of my better games of late)

I'm finding that I have to settle down and really get myself into the match and at that point it almost seems like work!!! I don't drink at lunch though so maybe a nice jack and coke would have settled me sooner. Either way I think I need several games just to get my darts going and then I can step up and play a little better. Those last 9 games averaged 3.451MPR and I am happy with that though I still expect myself to shoot a lot better.

I'm either going to work it out and play better or I'll have to come to terms with my performance! LOL I'd rather work harder Wink
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team SEWA Forum Index -> General Dart Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: