· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - Tournament etiquette
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Tournament etiquette

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Tournaments and Competition
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    davidsproull
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Tournament etiquette Reply with quote

I am trying to wean myself off of league darts and start to do some actual bonafide tournaments. Mostly at this point I'll be going for experience and mostly in it to plat singles.
    Often these events have a blind draw though. Now, sometimes I can shoot fantastic darts but with me being in a new environment/situation the opposite is more likely.
    So, with that in mind, as a general rule of thumb are people more likely to take things in stride or will I be ruining someone's day?
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In stride buddy! I always enjoy LOD's and never cared who I played with good, new or struggling (like I am lately). LOD's are about FUN! Meeting people and having some good competition at the same time.

So have a pint, toss some arrows and laugh a little Wink
    davidsproull
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik wrote:
    In stride buddy! I always enjoy LOD's and never cared who I played with good, new or struggling (like I am lately). LOD's are about FUN! Meeting people and having some good competition at the same time.

So have a pint, toss some arrows and laugh a little Wink

Awesome!! Looking forward to it!! Next stop Kitchener!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    KopRalph11
    Senior Moderator Team SEWA Original
    Senior Moderator Team SEWA Original

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lod's are meant to be fun. Well until you're in the final lol
    davidsproull
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KopRalph11 wrote:
    Lod's are meant to be fun. Well until you're in the final lol

OK I have for sure lost money in local LOD's because my partner after having a ton of success with me having fun and being relaxed shooting darts suddenly becomes super serious and super tense and then makes me super tense..

"The bigger the game the more you stay the same"
    Squiggle
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly recommend going to bigger tournaments. Not just for the play but also for the atmosphere. It's really different than bar or league play. I love it. It's just fun to watch some matches. There are several top notch matches at every big tournament.

As far as the LOD's are concerned. Usually, they are a ton of fun. There can be some real pressure in later rounds but for the most part they're great. However, I have a word of warning. There's always a possibility that you could draw a complete jerk as a partner. It's happened to all of us. There's always at least one douche nozzle at these things with delusions of grandeur that will be bummed he didn't draw Phil The Power Taylor as a partner (this is usually a bigger problem for female players). It happens on occasion unfortunately. I don't want you to think it's always that way in the unlikely event it happens to you. These occurrences are rare, but sadly they do happen.

"Don't be a Douche Nozzle!"
    davidsproull
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squiggle wrote:
    I highly recommend going to bigger tournaments. Not just for the play but also for the atmosphere. It's really different than bar or league play. I love it. It's just fun to watch some matches. There are several top notch matches at every big tournament.

As far as the LOD's are concerned. Usually, they are a ton of fun. There can be some real pressure in later rounds but for the most part they're great. However, I have a word of warning. There's always a possibility that you could draw a complete jerk as a partner. It's happened to all of us. There's always at least one douche nozzle at these things with delusions of grandeur that will be bummed he didn't draw Phil The Power Taylor as a partner (this is usually a bigger problem for female players). It happens on occasion unfortunately. I don't want you to think it's always that way in the unlikely event it happens to you. These occurrences are rare, but sadly they do happen.

OK fair enough. You now have me excited that I am going to be going to one of these things! If nothing else, I can make sure that I'm not the douche nozzle! Wink
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Tournaments and Competition All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: