· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Team SEWA :: View topic - NDA -- via the Internet (my jouney into Soft tips)
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

NDA -- via the Internet (my jouney into Soft tips)
    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team SEWA Forum Index -> Soft tip/Electronic Leagues
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: NDA -- via the Internet (my jouney into Soft tips) Reply with quote

Seems the only options in Moses Lake WA for electronic darts is either Medalist (or whatever it's called today) and NDA via the internet.

Met with 'Drew' (operator for NDA league) last night (we'd played against one another a few times in the past in steel tip tournaments) and decided that maybe we should try out this new league over the net.

My wife and I both prefer the social aspect of the game but since there is no current league other than the medalist ones at Danny's (which is a dive really) we settled on playing NDA at Sporty's.

Now we have to go play, if I understood it correctly, 5 games of count up and 5 games of cricket 200 (?) and average our scores to get our ratings (I've only ever done the rating thing once and that was at Biggy's back in 2005. I scored a 14 then but never actually played soft at the time...later I was 'given' a rating as an 11 (not sandbagging, just 4 or 5 years later when I was no longer playing) and that was sufficient to hold me back as I was the only 11 at the place I played a few times.

What interests me with this NDA league, by the way, is that it won't be a handicapped thing. We will be, most likely, in BB (if I am close to right on my guess for our ratings) and only play others in the same category so no handicaps Smile

I'll let you know what happens.

Last edited by Erik on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad I guess Wink I'm about an 11 and not having competed in over ten years (other than the odd game here and there or partial season) I'm ok with that. I was shooting around 3.56 mpr in cricket to start off which would make me a 13 or so but fell off after a few games and struggled....same sorta thing in count up where I could hit a 30+ ppd game and then slough off into the 22 range...I know I can pick that up since I hit a 36.41ppd back just a couple months ago and wasn't even happy with that but I'll take the 11, Darci will be a 3 and we'll play BB. If we actually pick up our game we'll get dumped to the bottom (you get dropped to the bottom if you roll up 2 rating levels in one season I hear) but that's ok too. I'm not in it to compete anyway, it's just to see if we can get back to playing for fun.
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to calm the wife a little over the $80 per month this is going to cost us. She was nearly apoplectic over it. You see, we're steel tip players and not used to dropping $20 a night into a machine AND buying drinks or a meal (those won't happen I'm guessing). It isn't that we're cheap, far from it, but $80 a month translates into $960 a year (if you play every month) and while you can win some of that back there are no guarantees and if I understand it correctly you have to go somewhere to do so (which has additional associated costs).

We love darts, so we'll play at least one season but I have to admit that while we earn together, over 6 figures, we don't like to spend $80 a month on anything that we don't have to (hence our low debt ratio).

Here's hoping she enjoys playing enough to keep at it! (though she may push me into putting up a steel board somewhere at these prices Wink )
    drewp
    Private

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Why so Negative .....lmao Reply with quote

Enjoy it...Money is just money....you will make more...enjoy the time out with your lovely bride and have a good time.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Why so Negative .....lmao Reply with quote

drewp wrote:
    Enjoy it...Money is just money....you will make more...enjoy the time out with your lovely bride and have a good time.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Oh I think we will Smile Didn't mean to sound like I was against anything! Just really an observation coming from a long time steel player who usually didn't pay more than$20-$30 a season (but also never made any money playing darts and therein lies the rub right? Since in softtips there IS money to be made -- I'm kinda liking that idea Wink

When do we start? I'm dying here.
    drewp
    Private

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: League Starts this week Reply with quote

I believe you guys play this Tuesday at Sporty's.
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: League Starts this week Reply with quote

drewp wrote:
    I believe you guys play this Tuesday at Sporty's.

Good to know! I often leave town on Tuesdays so won't now Wink I can move those trips to Wednesdays instead
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my format -- impressed by the amount of games played but not sure how long it will take on one board.

Also not sure of the format -- looks like 17 games total but two of them are singles so are those played by both players (as in everyone plays one single game of 501 and one of cricket?) or not. I'll find out (maybe Drew will answer here).

I'm guessing stacked means you play as 'one' player on the board both take turns?
    rainman
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first singles game the highest rated players play and then their partners play the next..and stacked is both players one score. It will even have your names so you know who is up Smile lol
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainman wrote:
    The first singles game the highest rated players play and then their partners play the next..and stacked is both players one score. It will even have your names so you know who is up Smile lol

Thanks Kev Smile So I will play the cricket game and Darci will play the 501 game?

I'm guessing we will set up via cell before start against our opponent and play in the order of the board? New experience for this old man Wink
    JohnP
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Erik. Been a long while since I've been in here!

The games will play quickly - triples are huge, so it's easy to close numbers in cricket. And 501 looks like it's single out.

I haven't played NDA, only Medalist and Dartslive. Do you know if the bull is split in 501?
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnP wrote:
    Hi, Erik. Been a long while since I've been in here!

The games will play quickly - triples are huge, so it's easy to close numbers in cricket. And 501 looks like it's single out.

I haven't played NDA, only Medalist and Dartslive. Do you know if the bull is split in 501?

Welcome back Smile

Games went very fast and we played from 6:30pm to just about 9pm despite a couple hickups on the internet connection and our opponents needing to smoke at least once Wink

And I sucked so that didn't help. However we had a good time and found this type of play, while remote, certainly ads a new flavor to the game and allows us to compete with others miles away (in this case about 100).

And yes the bull was 50 points in 501 -- I just couldn't seem to hit it which was rather frustrating. I think I shot a 9 for the night (ratings) which is an ego breaker considering I rated an 11 on my night I went and played the rating games and that was pretty low for me too....going backwards wasn't something I considered LOL but I'm sure the old arm will come back and at least now it will be harder to shoot a 13+ and get booted to the bottom of the division Twisted Evil (Rainman will call me a sandbagger about now) LOL
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I was wondering that either Drew or Rainman could answer is where the stats will be posted?

Just a curiosity really.

I have to say the wife and I had fun last night and look forward to playing again. It's different but we played 17 games and that is a good thing Smile Now to see if we can our arms working again (as I toss a deadeye and ask myself "where was that last night").

Also wondering if anyone who plays soft practices on a steel board at 8 feet from the board vs the standard 7'9 1/4" -- having not played soft really, I was thinking that all the playing at steel distances might have an impact as I noticed I tossed most of my darts low on the bull (hitting under it) and just couldn't seem to convince myself it was a little higher than I was throwing....
    rainman
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stats get posted on the board usually within a few days of being played.. go under league and it will be there. Shot a 9 huh? I averaged 40.33 ppd & 4.98 mpr in cricket.. cricket was off last night lol
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainman wrote:
    The stats get posted on the board usually within a few days of being played.. go under league and it will be there. Shot a 9 huh? I averaged 40.33 ppd & 4.98 mpr in cricket.. cricket was off last night lol

Yup, a paltry 9. I ordered some add-a-grams to add a little more weight to these little darts but I don't think that's the real problem. I just have a long road to go if I'm going to play at any decent level again!

Only 44PPD huh? Well we all know you suck! lol
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainman wrote:

By the way, which board? The Titan site? I checked there and only saw Boise stats so am curious. Share here if you have a link.

OH and I heard you were playing rather well (rated 1Cool and saw NDA has you up there around 3rd in the nation. Nice darts Rainman!
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little better last night Smile Shot a 10 only but saw moments of much better darts (usually followed by crap)....I can see the improvement though and while I shot many games that we should have won I just fell off at the end of the games once tossing 9 darts at the bull to miss them ALL in cricket after shooting 4mpr all game....other games I shot around 6mpr until the bull and dropped off badly. Lots of work to do but was good to play better.

We played two guys that shot and 8 and a 7 overall for the night (one game I was down to the 15s shooting 4.5mpr and losing badly to my opponents 6mpr and he takes it how leaving me thinking "sheesh, I have some work to do!".

I'd say that at least half the games we lost were because I missed critical shots at the end of the game after throwing well to get there so I'm pleased with that knowing that in time my game will return and we'll just have to move up a division Wink
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my (dismal) stats for the first two weeks....(note, I'm having fun playing darts again and really like the pace and format)...

Week 1
    2.67 MPR - 6-5marks, 3-6 marks, 1-7 mark
    24.75 PPD with 10Ltons
    Week 2
    2.91 MOR 9-5 marks, 3-6 marks, 1-7 mark and 1 hat
    25.10 PPD with 12-Ltons one hat and a 119 checkout

Only a slight improvement but I'll take it. Now to see if I can step that up again next week Wink

Nothing fancy that's for sure but this old dartplayer plans to at least make a decent showing by the end of the league Wink

Note to rainman -- ya I know, it sucks, but not having played much in the last 10 years I'm thinking it's a decent start Wink Doubt I'll catch you though but I might make a good showing of it anyway Wink
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUCH I suck!

OK, I won't blame the shoulder (which is dislocated at the moment -- partially) because it didn't seem to bother me -- as in no pain) but damn I had a hard time hitting anything tonight! Yikes! I flat out missed over and over again -- no matter how big that damn target is!

2.32mpr 2-5 marks 2-6marks 1-7 marks
    25.75ppd 10-Ltons 2-hats.

Consider that I really felt like I was tossing total crap in 01 though my ppd was higher than last week....but I really did not toss well in cricket at 2.32mpr. Some games I through in the mid 3's but I had one game around 1.5mpr...it was abysmal.

Darci shot a 1 (she's rated a 3 temp rating and used to toss well enough to be a 4 or 5 at the least - on a bad day) and I was what....maybe an 8 when combining cricket and o1? Our opponents were shooting 17....in a 14 point cap division (which why I always wonder about electronic darts -- everyone seems to shoot higher than what they should be rated at least so far -- maybe they fall off).

I'll be honest, I expected to play better this week than last and I just fell off a cliff so I'll need to get back to work on the board when I get a chance (and maybe after I get my shoulder reset again) and next week maybe I can get the darts to go straight again Wink

Hey Rainman nice seeing ya again (even if it was on a 6" screen lol)....bet you were scratching your head wondering "who the heck is that crappy shooter that looks like Erik?" lol
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 1
    2.67 MPR - 6-5marks, 3-6 marks, 1-7 mark
    24.75 PPD with 10Ltons
    Week 2
    2.91 MOR 9-5 marks, 3-6 marks, 1-7 mark and 1 hat
    25.10 PPD with 12-Ltons one hat and a 119 checkout
    Week 3
    2.32mpr 2-5 marks 2-6marks 1-7 marks
    25.75ppd 10-Ltons 2-hats.
    Week 4
    3.13mpr 9-5 marks, 2-6 marks, 2-7 mark and 1 hat
    27.53ppd with 15-Ltons two hats

Last night was definitely better. At least I shot my rating but missing that much was just brutal LOL....however I had fun anyway and that's what it's all about.

I have to admit I'm enjoying this remote play quite a bit. It's fun, it's challenging (to get back into the game) and easy enough for anyone to do.
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 6 (5 was a bye)
    3.24mpr 5-5 marks, 3-6 marks, 3-7 marks, 1-9 marks
    29.64ppd with 9-Ltons and 6 hats

That's a 12 in Cricket and 13 in '01 so I am seeing improvement now but still very unhappy with my poor performance...which makes me laugh as I KNOW it's just a matter of time but still...sheesh.

I did hit 6 hats which is double what I did in the entire first four weeks so gee, maybe the hitting the board is paying off.

Here's to next week and the hope the trend continues.
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thing about last nights cricket is that I didn't hit as many big scores (high marks) but did hit a lot more singles so I was in the target just not the trips....on the other hand I had some games where I missed entirely so my overall MPR should improve a lot as I get past those little hickups where I toss all three away!

My Cricket practice is definitely paying off too and that brutal game is starting to grow on me. It's tough to score well if you miss the trips and punishes you relentlessly when you miss. Hence I think it's the reason my game is improving steadily though any practice might do that I'm finding that routine to be very valuable.
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 7
    3.65mpr 8-5 marks, 3-6 marks, 5-7 marks, 1-9 marks
    28.70ppd with 15-Ltons and 4 hats

Truth is I should have done better in 01 and was until the rap came on and broke my concentration for a round or two...finished a game around 20ppd and then picked it back up. Most times I was above 30ppd and finished a couple in the 40's...getting better but still only shot a 12 in 01.

Cricket was better and I shot as a 14 but again, had some poor games.

Funny, you can see the cricket practice payoff tonight though Smile

Oh and I love the new darts!
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fighting a bad cold and doped up as well as having not played this past week or practiced and I'm ok with tonights results. Not my best but not too shabby under the circumstances Wink

Week 8
    3.25mpr 7-5 marks, 2-6 marks, 1-7 marks, 2 hats
    29.04ppd with 10-Ltons and 4 hats

My overall average in league right now (thanks to a slow start) is 11 which is what I started as. Of course I shot a 12 tonight despite being under the weather so I have no doubt I'll roll up to a 12 or 13 by the end of season.

It will be interesting to see if I can do better than that which is my goal Wink
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh! Still fighting this cold, mostly in my chest now but I 'think' it's improving. Anyway, not much practice this past week at all (almost none) and a lot of sleeping around trying to get rid of this crud so I didn't expect much last night.

Week 9
    3.15mpr 7-5 marks, 3-6 marks, 2-7 marks, 1-8 mark, 1-9 mark
    26.82ppd with 14-Ltons and 4\2 hats

Shot as an 11 in both but that was with big swings in either direction. Finish a game of cricket around 4.5mpr, then another around 2.0mpr....it was that kind of night. I either missed right on the wire or I didn't.

Another thing was that we'd rescheduled our place to last night as our opponents couldn't play on Tuesday (our regular night) and it turns out one was celebrating a birthday....with a little extra spirits Wink

As the night war on they began to play slower and slower...we could see them standing at the bar table, leaning on it, dancing around it, on the floor (yes), whatever, and would have to text them to remind them to play (remember it's remote).....and my darts struggled as I waited and got irritated. They shouldn't have but I'm not a kid anymore folks, I'm in my 50's and want to shoot my darts, have good games and go home Wink

It's ok, we won 13-4 but still....
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team SEWA Forum Index -> Soft tip/Electronic Leagues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Goto page 1, 2  Next
    Page 1 of 2

Jump to: