Dartplayer.net
One of the most comprehensive resources for darts.
Search
  Login / Signup October 16, 2002  
Main Menu
· Home
· Contact Form
· Downloads
· Email
· FAQ
· Forum
· League Statistics
· Members List
· Private Messages
· Recommend Us
· Reviews
· Search
· Site Statistics
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Tournament Calendar
· Dart Links
· Your Account

Tournaments
Login to have a customized list of tournaments displayed here.

Who is Online
There are currently, 23 guest(s) and 1 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Dartplayer.net: Forums

Technique
Moderated by: Jason

Dartplayer.net Forum Index >> Technique >> practice practice practice
Author practice practice practice
blunotes

Joined on: 08/2002
Posted: 2002-09-14 on 05:19   
Ok ppl,
heres one for ya: practiced at home all week, go to play on sunday (warm up for about 15 - 20 min.) then shoot like crap .... waz up with that?????

Profiles of blunotes   Go to the user WebSite blunotes   Edit/Delete Post   Reply with Quote
thetemp

Joined on: 05/2002
New Jersey
Posted: 2002-09-15 on 08:57   
I find that when I don't shoot well, it has a lot to do with my rhythm and relaxation.

When I shoot at home I'm in total control of speed at which I shoot. When I shoot in league or at bars I tend to get a little anxious and I need to remind myself to slow down.

It's difficult to transfer the relaxed game you throw at your house to the bar atmosphere. What I find is that at that when I'm out and I start throwing poorly I put too much pressure on myself and I tense up. The way I've gotten over this is to continue to practice so that when I'm playing out and my game slips a little I still maintain a high level of game play. This allows me to keep my confidence high, I think confidence is so important. I'm not a fan of cockiness is sports, but because darts is such a mental game it can really help your game play. I believe that Practicing is the best way too keep your game sharp and your confidence high. I've also had a number of friends who claim they shoot better when thay have a few beers in them, it helps them to relax. If this works for you great, I personally shoot better when I'm shooting sober and I use deep breaths to relax. I hope this helps, shoot well.

Profiles of thetemp   Email thetemp   Go to the user WebSite thetemp   Edit/Delete Post   Reply with Quote
Jaybo

Joined on: 09/2002
Posted: 2002-09-17 on 11:50   
How do you practice? How much time? ETC....

Profiles of Jaybo   Edit/Delete Post   Reply with Quote
blunotes

Joined on: 08/2002
Posted: 2002-09-21 on 03:33   
thanks for the tip, temp yesterday I went to where I shoot the tournaments and with no one around I was able to finish a game by myself in 11 rounds with no beers and 2 hat tricks to boot. I practice at home about 1 to 1 and a half hrs a day

Profiles of blunotes   Go to the user WebSite blunotes   Edit/Delete Post   Reply with Quote

Lock Topic Move Topic Delete Topic

Custom code and site hosting provided by Webb Design Concepts.

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of the posters.
All the rest, Copyright 1999 - 2002 Dartplayer.net.