Dartplayer.net
One of the most comprehensive resources for darts.
Search
  Login / Signup September 3, 2002  
Main Menu
· Home
· AvantGo
· Contact Form
· Downloads
· Email
· FAQ
· Forum
· League Statistics
· Members List
· Private Messages
· Recommend Us
· Reviews
· Search
· Site Builder
· Site Statistics
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Tournament Calendar
· Dart Links
· Your Account

Tournaments
Login to have a customized list of tournaments displayed here.

Who is Online
There are currently, 34 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Dartplayer.net: Forums

Technique
Moderated by: Jason

Dartplayer.net Forum Index >> Technique >> new player
Author new player
Anonymous users
Unregistered
Posted: 2002-08-20 on 08:49   
My local pub has just bought a new dart board.I have never played before and can not throw a dart accuratley.Can someone please help me understand how to throw.Any hints and tips would be of great [email protected]
P.S I keep geting my ass whipped.
please help me

Edit/Delete Post   Reply with Quote
Ankou

Joined on: 08/2002
Wisconsin
Posted: 2002-08-20 on 19:31   
I guess the first thing I could suggest is that you make sure that you're basics are all in order... make sure you're standing prorperly, or at the very least in a comfortable position that doesn't affect a comfortable throw. Make sure that your arm action is consistent and correct in form. The key there is the consistency in the throw... if you throw in even a "non traditional" manner as long as you're consistent you can adjust where you stand and get more accurcy on the board.

When I first started the thing that really helped me out was learning to throw right. I was told to keep my upper arm level with the floor and that my forearm parallel with the wall. Don't move your body just the arm and make sure to follow through. Oh yeah... when you get to the line to throw... really concentrate on what you want to hit. Don't feel pressured to get up there and chuck all three darts. Be relaxed and keep an eye on what you want to hit... you find that when you concentrate and stay focused that your bady will take over and the throws will improve.

Since you are just starting you can't expect to be a pro. Take your time and practice, practice, practice. You'll get better.

Profiles of Ankou   Email Ankou   Go to the user WebSite Ankou   Edit/Delete Post   Reply with Quote
ECM

Joined on: 06/2002
Toronto, Ontario
Posted: 2002-08-21 on 08:57   
Here's a link to article two of "Parts Darts," a six-part series written by John Part on practice. This one deals with establishing good form. Since he's a much better player than I am, I'll let you learn from him.

http://www.planetdarts.co.uk/article.asp?id=57692&Nv;=5

Profiles of ECM   Go to the user WebSite ECM   Edit/Delete Post   Reply with Quote

Lock Topic Move Topic Delete Topic

Custom code and site hosting provided by Webb Design Concepts.

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of the posters.
All the rest, Copyright 1999 - 2002 Dartplayer.net.